Sunday 5 July 2015

MAC Nudes

Just to clarify, the title refers to nude coloured lipsticks ;) I thought that since my MAC nudes have become two of my most worn lipsticks, I'd give you a little rundown on both of them. 
MAC Hug Me

I originally went in internment to purchase Velvet Teddy, but it was sold out and ended up being sold out for weeks (more on that later). So I swatched and tried on a few nudes and ended up with Hug Me, a fleshy pink-toned nude. Hug Me is from the Lustre range and I find it last really well and is a bit more moisturising than Velvet Teddy. It's one that I like to throw on when I know I'm not going to be able to touch up because I like the way it lasts. I also like it for quick trips like running errands because it makes me look a lot more put-together than I actually am!
MAC Velvet Teddy

Since the Kylie Jenner craze, everyone seems to know about Velvet Teddy. It was a shade I wanted to try for aged but (see above) it was always sold out (thanks Kylie!). After several fruitless trips to my local MAC counter, I managed to track one down and it was the very last one in stock too, meant to be right? Velvet Teddy is more of a cool toned nude and I like to wear it with a darker brown lip liner (I like Rimmel's Cappuccino). I do find it slightly drying, so I tend to wear a lip balm or gloss with it, or even layer Hug Me over the top. 
Swatches: Velvet Teddy (top) and Hug Me (bottom)
What are your favourite MAC shades?

Dani xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

KaBOOM! Cosmetics Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger