Maybe you're feeling under the weather? Maybe you've had some bad news? Maybe it's that time of the month? Or maybe you're just plain old having a bad day? Here are some sure fire ways to stick it to life and come out the other side with a smile.
1. Take a bath - a nice, hot bath, some pretty candles and a bath bomb from LUSH always make me feel better on the not-so-good days. Bonus points for popping on a face mask (check out some favourites here).
2. Cuddle a fur-baby - I'm the first to admit that my fur-baby (Earl), hates all living creatures (typical cat), me especially BUT he will tolerate a snuggle every now and it always makes me feel better, even if he hates it. PS - You can follow Earl on Instagram at @earlthefatcat
3. Lose yourself in a good book - When my life gets me down, I like to escape into someone else's. Whether it's re-reading my favourite series (Harry Potter, A Song of Ice and Fire, Earth's Children) or finding something completely new, nothing beats a good book.
4. Binge watch Netflix - I am a firm believer that every so often, you need a day to do nothing but curl up under your doona and watch every episode of Orange is the New Black in a row! Netflix will even play the next episode automatically so all you need to do is sit back and relax.
|Image from benandjerrys.com|
6. Exercise - Exercise = endorphins = feeling good! Head to your local yoga class to chill or better yet, head to a kickboxing class to beat the crap out imaginary foes, it's very therapeutic!
7. Call your mum/bestie - the number of times I've called my mum in a blubbering mess is scarily high but she never fails to explain exactly how it's all going to turn out fine.
8. Shop - I am definitely guilty of turning to retail therapy more often that I should but hey, it works! Whether it's a little splurge on a new lippie or finally buying the one thing you've been coveting for weeks, a little retail therapy is good for the soul!
|My latest bi of retail therapy resulted in this baby. Image from net-a-porter.com|
What are your favourite pick-me-ups?