Sunday 4 May 2014

Sportsgirl Butter Dream

Let me just start off by saying, I am a sucker for a sale! On Valentine’s Day, Sportsgirl had a sale where they took a further 30% off already reduced items. I RAN down Queen Street Mall after work and shoulder barged my way into Sportsgirl! It was thankfully very quiet (probably because everyone was out being generally loved up and soppy for Valentine's Day) and I managed to pick up some awesome bargains. One of these was the AMAZING body butter I am about to review. 

The Brand – Sportsgirl

Ah, Sportsgirl! Well known in most major shopping venues, it’s pretty hard not to find a Sportsgirl these days, even Toowoomba has one (people who live in Toowoomba, as I used to, will understand the gravity of that comment). I’ve mentioned before that although I like their clothing, it’s really their beauty products that do it for me. They are affordable and I have yet to buy something from their beauty range that is less than fantastic (no animal testing also earns them brownie points). Big thumbs up from me!  

Side story: I still feel embarrassed going into Sportsgirl because a few months ago, I was browsing and the store was quite busy. I was trying to skirt around someone when I bumped someone else with my handbag. I apologised without turning around (oh, how I wish I had turned around!) only to find that I had just bumped into and apologised to…. a store mannequin! Gah! And to make matters worse, ALL of the girls behind the counter had seen and were having a good old giggle! I left with my dignity in shreds and it took a good old while before I felt I could show my face again without being “weirdo, talks to mannequins girl”. 

The Product – Butter Dream Body Butter in Coconut & Lime ($12.95 but on sale it was $5.57!)

This is the first of the Sportsgirl Body Butters that I’ve tried. First impressions are good, it comes in a sturdy little plastic tub with a cute lime print and a silver screw top. And the smell, oh the smell! It’s like a little tropical paradise in a tub! The coconut smells creamy but not overpowering and the lime just adds a hint of zest (I feel like a Masterchef judge here!). Honestly, I would eat this stuff with a spoon it smells so good! It’s a standard body butter white, but very creamy. The consistency reminds me of Ponds Cold Cream, my mum used to use it to take off my makeup after school plays and dance recitals! It absorbs really quickly and the lime scent is definitely more noticeable on the skin. This body butter is also enriched with Shea butter AND apricot and coconut oils so it’s super hydrating and oh, so good for your skin. 

Using the product

Just apply all over as you would a standard body lotion. I like to apply this after a nice, relaxing bath, it makes my skin feel so soft and plump! I’m also planning on using this in winter, as I get very dry feet (sounds weird, I’m aware).  I like to slap on a truckload just before bed and pop some socks over the top so it can absorb properly. I’ll give you an update on this product after winter to see if it measures up.

Overall Score


The Good
 The delicious smell!  
Absorbs easily.
Provides great level of hydration
Cute packaging.
Not too pricey, even when it’s not on sale!
The Bad
I actually can't think of any negatives, I love this stuff!





KaBOOM! Cosmetics gives Sportsgirl Butter Dream in Coconut & Lime:
Yes, five lipstick stains out of five! I am in love with this body butter, I might have to see if I can legally adopt it…. Please tell me I’m not the only one who feels this way? I'm sad to say that I haven't been able to track down this particular body butter anywhere but I'm keen to try out the rest of their range. 
 
Stay beautiful!

Dani xx

6 comments:

Kate Flint said...

I love me a citrus moisturizer! It's so refreshing and uplifting! I haven't tried much of the Sportsgirl beauty product line except for lipsticks. I will have to have a squiz next time I am in one!

Kate | The Minted Beauty

dani the girl xo said...

It smells like holidays! Perfect for a hint of summer in the depths of winter. And you should definitely check out Sportsgirl's beauty range. The lipsticks are some of their best work but there are other gems too.

Lisa said...

this is pretty good for sportsgirl, i actually need to buy some new body butter for the winter months ahead!! great review

Multitasking Damsel Blog

dani the girl xo said...

I wasn't expecting much but I'm so pleased I bought this. Definitely going to have to stock up for winter!

Unknown said...

I definitely want to try this! I'm always on the hunt for a good body moisturizer!

dani the girl xo said...

I would highly recommend it! Very hydrating but absorbs easily, it's just about perfect

Post a Comment

 

KaBOOM! Cosmetics Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger