Thursday 22 January 2015

Limited Edition Love: Lorac Mega Pro Palette

Now before you jump down my throat and start complaining that there's no point reviewing a limited edition product yada yada, just take a moment. Yes, the Mega Pro is limited edition BUT it is still occasionally available, it's absolutely gorgeous and it deserves a review so.....



Lorac Mega Pro Palette - $70.41 from Amazon
There was a LOT of hype leading up to the launch of this palette and with good reason. Packed with a whopping 32 shades in a mixture of shimmer and matte finishes and a really well-chosen range of colours, there was really very little I didn't like the sound of. Not owning either of the Lorac Pro palettes, I wasn't worried about the colour overlap and was ready to dive right in and make this baby mine!
I was a little overwhelmed when it arrived because it just contains so many shades, I wasn't really sure where to start. There are a lot of shades that I would normally avoid wearing (I pretty much stick exclusively to neutrals) but I was surprised and really pleased to see just how wearable even the brightest shades like Mulberry and Deep Teal are. I was disappointed when I read that Temptalia was less than impressed with the consistency of the shadows, I found them almost creamy and really pigmented. The packaging is surprisingly slim with a nice big mirror and magnetic closure and looks like it would actually work pretty well as a travel palette...but on the other hand, I've heard that quite a few palettes didn't make the trip from Amazon to destination unscathed so I am actually a little reluctant to travel with it. 
L-R: Cream, Fawn, Camel, Sepia, Dusty Plum, Orchid, Mulberry, Espresso
L-R: White, Khaki, Brown, Stone, Lilac, Wisteria, Gray, Black
L-R: Opal, Sand, Copper, Sienna, Apricot, Blush, Merlot, Indigo
L-R: Vanilla, Cashmere, Smokey Topaz, Dusty Rose, Granite, Maroon, Deep Teal, Caviar
Although this palette is one of my favourites, there are a couple of things that I thought could have been better. When you stand back and look at the palette as a whole, there are some really similar shades. It would have been nice to see that with 32 slots to fill, there was a little more variety. The second thing is that I find the palette quite messy to use. Might just be me and my uncouth monkey hands but I find that excess shadow gets all over the palette and it grates on every last one of my OCD nerves! The packaging finish is kind of similar to the finish on NARS products and every little fingerprint sticks out. It might just be a little thing but I like everything neat and tidy and it makes me sad when I get pretty palettes like this one messy. 

Lorac Mega Pro Palette scores.....
An expensive palette? Yes! A palette with a few flaws? Yes! Would I still purchase it again knowing all of that? HELL to the yes! I think the Lorac Mega Pro is value for money (working out at $2.20 per eyeshadow) and has secured a spot as one of my favourite and most used eyeshadow palettes. 

Are you a lucky owner of the Mega Pro Palette?

Dani xo

9 comments:

Carmen Starick said...

I love this palette. Such a great range of wearable colours, not that I've actually used mine yet, all I've done is swatch it and look at how pretty it is :-)
Carmen | Paint Powder and Polish

dream-seek- believe said...

OH MY GOSH! I've been searching for this everywhere and didn't even think to try Amazon. I hope they still have them there- this palette looks like heaven in a box! Beautiful review :)

http://dream-seek-believe.blogspot.com.au/

xx

Tasha said...

So devo I don't own this, but at the same time, I don't think I could justify purchasing a palette that big! I already have the first Pro palette so I think my Lorac cravings have been satiated haha :P

Tasha // shiwashiful.

Dani - KaBOOM! Cosmetics said...

I know what you mean! I just sat and stared in wonder for a while before I could bring myself to even swatch it!

Dani - KaBOOM! Cosmetics said...

I think Amazon are currently sold out :( but I do hope it comes back in stock again for you!

Dani - KaBOOM! Cosmetics said...

If I owned either of the Pro palettes, in sure the decision would have been much more difficult but I feel completely justified having bought it... And I still really want the Pro palettes!

Angie said...

Bahaha cool kitty says deal with it. Sometimes I think Temptalia gets dud products because I'll have something that she's given like a D or something and I'll really like it! Or I just end up doubting my taste in makeup. The shades like deep teal and indigo are gorgeous. I still need to get my hands on a Pro Palette, any one will do! :)

Angie || the maquillage

Dani - KaBOOM! Cosmetics said...

I think I've been spending too much time on 9GAG, I feel like memes are a legitimate form of communication! Maybe Temptalia just gets so much stuff that she just has really high standards, maybe our expectations are lower? I still would like to get my hands on some Pro palettes, they look a little more travel-friendly.

dannifred said...

wow so many shades! the sparkly blue ones look amazing


xx danielle // shadesofdanielle.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

 

KaBOOM! Cosmetics Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger