Today I am going to be talking about my favourite skincare products. It was really difficult to keep it down to 5, so I am going to be talking about my favourite face products today and doing another general skincare products post later. So, to business!
1. LUSH Enzymion Moisturiser ($34.95 for 45g) – Y’all know by now that Lush is one of my favourite places on Earth so it shouldn’t come as a surprise that a LUSH moisturiser makes it into my top skincare list! This is a super fresh and zesty moisturiser, designed to brighten dull skin and mattify oily skin. It’s a beautiful mix of papaya, lemon and lime and I love how easily it absorbs and how fresh and bright my skin feels afterwards. I only wish I had discovered this sooner as it’s now one of my very favourite skincare products.
2. St Ives Green Tea Scrub ($9.99 for 150ml) – If you watched my Taking Out the Trash video last month, you would have heard me wax lyrical about this scrub. I love love love it! Not only does it clear blackheads but the exfoliating grains are the perfect size and this has never left my skin with that awful tight feeling you get after using some exfoliators. The boyfriend is also a big fan so we always have a tube hanging around in the shower. It also has a really nice fresh scent and I really like that it’s green, makes a nice change from generic white or cream, you’ve got to stand out from the crowd somehow!
3. LUSH Ultrabland Cleanser ($17.95 for 45g) – This super rich product is a combination of cleanser and moisturiser. It contains almond oil, rosewater and beeswax to help lift dirt (or makeup, it works wonders for getting rid of mascara) and reduce redness. The LUSH founders have called this their “desert island product” and I would definitely agree. This is a fantastic product for people with sensitive skin as it is very gentle. The use of a face cloth to remove the product is very helpful but a cotton pad works just as well.
4. The Body Shop Seaweed Skincare Range (Starter Kit $31.95) – I might be cheating a little bit here by including three products under one product but I can’t say enough good things about the seaweed range. After reading about how much Sarah from More Than Adored loves this range, I had to go out and buy it. At the moment I am using the facial wash, toner and day cream but I also bought the starter kit for traveling which contains a night serum too. My favourite would have to be the day cream which is light, smells fresh and mattifies, a saviour to all those with oily or combination skin. I love this range so much!
5. Mario Badescu Drying Lotion ($26.95 for 29ml) – If this product does not currently live in your bathroom, then get ye to the shops immediately! This weeny little jar may not look like much but it is the Jack Russell of the skincare world (good things, small packages, etc). When I first came across the Drying Lotion, I was mighty confused. The little pink layer of sediment at the bottom threw me off. But how this works is: you dip a cotton bud into the bottle and collect a little bit of the pink sediment and then apply to all those pesky spots. You then go to sleep looking like you have spattergroit (Harry Potter reference anyone?) and then wake up to find that all your blemishes have shrivelled up and gone away! It’s fabulous! For the more stubborn spots, you may have to apply over a few nights to get rid of them but they will definitely disappear fast thanks to the combination of drying and soothing. Like I said, go and buy it, NOW!
I could easily have made this post a Top 10 of Skincare with no trouble, but I figured everyone might get bored! I’m so happy to have discovered all of these gems, they make preventing and managing breakouts a million times easier and I have definitely noticed a change in my skin for the better since these products came into my life. Let me know what your favourite skincare products are in the comments and also, let me know if you like the “Top 5” style posts.